If you live in the Lincoln, Nebraska, area, you might be interested in taking classes at the AgeWell Computer Education Center (CEC). Although you can take classes at the AgeWell lab without a membership, purchasing a membership will provide you with a wealth of benefits and discounts on classes.
Here is more information about our AgeWell Computer Education Center membership:
How to Become a Member
- You must be at least 50 years of age.
- Fill out a membership form– You can get a form at the computer lab, or email us (email@example.com) and we will send you one in the mail.
- You can bring your membership form to your first class or mail to: The Landing at Williamsburg Village, Attn: Wayne Casper, Senior Instructor, 3500 Faulkner Drive, Lincoln, NE 68516.
- Memberships are good for one year from the date you apply.
- (1) Pay $ 60.00. Receive membership benefits plus one class*of your choice.
- (2) Pay $160.00. Receive membership benefits plus seven classes* of your choice.* A class is one two hour session. Please make checks payable to: Immanuel
- Membership renewals are $60. (Includes One Class*)
OR renewal for $35 (No classes included)
- Reduced price for classes
- Retake a class for only $10.00
- Reduced prices for class materials
- Free access to our state-of-the-art computer lab
- Free eNewsletters from DiscoverSkills (www.discoverskills.com)
- Weekly, free supervised Lab Time
- Free seminar classes
- Free online message boards on DiscoverSkills
- Free E-Mail support from John Lortz and Wayne Casper
- Online Webinars
How to Register For Classes and get information
- Check the class catalog and calendar to determine what classes you want to take.
- Call the Computer Education Center 402-328-2202 to register and ask questions about classes.
- You can also register for a class by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can visit our Class Registration page.
- If you get the Computer Education Center voice-mail, please leave your name, phone number, and what classes you are interested in taking.
- Registration is important since classes are cancelled/postponed if there are not more than seven registered students.
How to Pay for Classes
- You can pay for classes by check (made out to Immanuel) or cash.
- Bring your payment to class or mail it to: The Landing at Williamsburg Village, Attn: Wayne Casper, 3500 Faulkner Drive, Lincoln, NE 68516.
- Classes* are $25.00 for members and $45.00 for non-members.
- Members can repeat a class for only $10.00, as many times as they like, up to one year.
When you Attend Class
- All classes are held at the Club Landing Computer Education Center.
- When you arrive, the instructor will check you in, and you can sit at any open computer.
- Class will last approximately two hours.
- When class is finished, the instructor will be available for additional questions.
Attending Open Lab (Computer EducationCenter Members Only)
- Open lab is held at the AgeWell Computer Education Center and is intended to give you a chance to practice computer skills and ask the lab supervisor questions.
- Open lab runs each Thursday morning from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. You may arrive anytime during these two hours.
- Open lab is free, included as a benefit of membership.